Advent Books: The Legend of the Poinsettia


The best part about a good Christmas story is that it's not just for kids!

I still love to read the books I read to my children when they were small, and they like to read them themselves, too. That's why I'm so glad we started this Christmas tradition, and I continue it now that my children are grown.

Tomie dePaola wrote a lovely version of The Legend of the Poinsettia to go along with his beautiful illustrations.

From the back of the book:
Lucida is heartbroken because she has nothing beautiful to bring to the Christmas procession, so she decides to watch from the shadows. But when an old woman convinces her that the Baby Jesus will love anything she can give, Lucida's simple gift turns out to be the most miraculous of all.

Check out our full list of Advent Books here



(I love the convenience of shopping online and I think you will too. The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)